AlexWorks (Pty) Ltd
AlexWorks is a for-profit 100% black-owned Level 1 BBBEE company, owned by Rays of Hope and founded to provide a sustainable source of income for the work in Alex.
By partnering with AlexWorks your employees can benefit from a five-day SETA accredited course focusing on life skills, such as goal-setting and time management. Learners also gain insight into the complex world of work and their roles within it, including learning how to develop and maintain healthy relationships in the workplace.
All learners also complete a psychometric test that provides insights for themselves and their current and future employers. Training is supported by five monthly group coaching classes to embed the learning.
- Upskill current employees on much-needed life skills
- Train an unemployed person from Alex to equip him/her for future employment
- Equip a young person on a learnership with additional skills
- Give a graduate a good start to their working career
Benefits to the business
- Increased job satisfaction and morale amongst employees
resulting from renewed competencies
- Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
- Reduced impact on HR costs due to happier employees
- Reduced employee turnover due to employees placed in
the positions that fit their skills
- Effective manpower utilisation
The 5 for 1 Promise
For every five people trained by AlexWorks, one person from Alexandra Township and other communities will be given the opportunity to take the same training for free, so that Rays of Hope can develop a pipeline of trained people for opportunities as we are approached. In order to build the CVs of the unemployed people trained, we’re looking for opportunities for active volunteering. In addition, if you can offer employment opportunities through a fixed 1-year contract, kindly contact AlexWorks.
As the company grows, the plan is to deliver literacy and language training and several practical courses, such as sewing, bricklaying, etc.
Rays of Hope runs a VIP Parking initiative at Hyde Park Corner and Sandton City. Through these projects, men from Alexandra are employed to assist shoppers and manage on-the-door reserved parking, for which shoppers pay a premium. Be sure to look out for our VIP Parking:
Hyde Park Corner – at the Woolworths entrance;
Sandton City – on the roof close to the Diamond Walk
Rays of Hope receives a lot of second-hand clothing from a variety of sources. This clothing is sorted and sold at monthly jumble sales to the community of Alex and others, to provide a source of income for Rays of Hope.
All donations welcome!
You can be part of the change
- Provide job opportunities – contract or permanent
- Provide training around a skill set
- Provide volunteer opportunities for people to get experience, even though it is unpaid. It’s needed to build their CVs
- Second-hand clothing donations
- Placing a clothing collection box at your company