AlexWorks (Pty) Ltd
AlexWorks is a for-profit 100% black-owned Level 1 BBBEE company founded to provide a sustainable source of income for Rays of Hope.
By partnering with AlexWorks your employees can benefit from a five-day SETA accredited course focusing on life skills, such as goal-setting and time management. Learners also gain insight into the complex world of work and their roles within it, including learning how to develop and maintain healthy relationships in the workplace.
All learners also complete a psychometric test that provides insights for themselves and their current and future employers.
Benefits to the business
- Increased job satisfaction and morale amongst employees
resulting from renewed competencies
- Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
- Reduced impact on HR costs due to happier employees
- Reduced employee turnover due to employees placed in
the positions that fit their skills
- Effective manpower utilisation
The 5 for 1 Promise
For every five people trained by AlexWorks, one person from Alexandra Township and other communities will be given the opportunity to take the same training for free, so that Rays of Hope can develop a pipeline of trained people for opportunities as we are approached. In order to build the CVs of the unemployed people trained, we’re looking for opportunities for active volunteering. In addition, if you can offer employment opportunities through a fixed 1-year contract, kindly contact AlexWorks.
As the company grows, the plan is to deliver literacy and language training and several practical courses, such as sewing, bricklaying, etc.
For more information, contact Tracey on Tracey@RaysOfHope.co.za
Rays of Hope receives a lot of second-hand clothing from a variety of sources, which is then bundled and sold to women from the Alex community. These women then sell the clothing into their community to bring some much-needed money into their families. The women are also trained in basic finances and money management.
You can be part of the change
- Provide job opportunities – contract or permanent
- Provide training around a skill set
- Provide volunteer opportunities for people to get experience, even though it is unpaid. It’s needed to build their CVs
The Clothing Shop:
- Second-hand clothing donations
- Placing a clothing collection box at your company