Teen Moms Support Group
Teenage pregnancy is Alex is far too common. This is due to a combination of factors, including GBV, poor sex education, poverty, etc. In response, Rays of Hope runs a support group for 50 young moms once a week.
The primary goal of the group is to get the girls back to school and not have any more babies.
At the groups, the girls receive the following:
- Ante-natal and post-natal education
- Child care basics – feeding, stimulation, sleep training
- Counselling (group and individually as needed)
- Nappies and formula as donated
Ways to partner with us:
- Sponsor a child to receive this support as well as all the other age-relevant services
- Come and share your story if it’s relevant to these girls
- Donate baby clothes, blankets, nappies, etc.
- Donate sanitary pads for the girls
- Sponsor camp attendance for a young mom (R1,500)