Teenage Support Group
Every week our teenagers meet to get unconditional love, learn more about themselves and skills to help them live better lives, as young people growing up in Alexandra.
The primary goals of the group are to:
- provide a safe and confidential space for young people to talk
- input positive values into their young lives
- ensure that they understand their sexuality and how to be responsible
- build self awareness and confidence despite their circumstances
- provide counselling
There are two highlights of every year:
- annual camp – this is where the young people get to be young people, without family responsibilities, and where they are able to learn, grow and experience nature for a weekend.
- gala dinner – every year ends with a celebration of the personal changes achieved throughout the year. The event is a classy affair at which a Mr and Miss Rays of Hope is crowned.
Ways to partner with us:
- Sponsor a child to receive this support as well as all the other age-relevant services
- Come and share your story with the young people to inspire them about the future
- Donate hygiene packs (toothbrush, toothpaste, face cloth & deodorant)
- Donate sanitary pads for the girls
- Take a group of young people out for a purely fun time, such as movies, ice-skating or Bounce
- Sponsor a child or two to attend the gala dinner, or sponsor food, decor, etc.
- Sponsor camp attendance for a young person (R1,500)