Vulnerable Children & Families (VCF)
The Vulnerable Children & Families programme uses a family-based-care model to support the most vulnerable in Alexandra.
While tragedy is the common thread that binds the families together that are part of the programme; the primary goal is to restore hope and dignity by working with the families in the community. All the families have experienced some form of loss, trauma, grief or abuse. They have been included because of their desperate circumstances.
Several specialised groups happen every week to assist these families:
Ways to partner with us:
- Sponsor A Child – monthly support to enable a child to be part of this programme
- Donations– Cash, good used clothes (especially boys), household items, etc., would be very much appreciated.
- Food– Fill a Rays of Hope bucket, monthly, with non-perishable food, fruits and vegetables for our food parcels. Birthday cakes or cupcakes, and / or small gifts are given often so that each child can celebrate their birthday.
- General repair work– Skills in painting, fixing doors and windows as well as, general maintenance, are always needed.
- Cooking– preparing a meal for homework club children to eat after school (30 children) or providing a meal for the foster family (10 people).